The mooring system of floating solar power generator is a system that automatically adjusts to water level change and it stably adjusts the floating body. Mooring of a floating solar PV photovoltaic system of installation does not waste the land but it mainly uses the water bodies that already existed. The system responds to water level fluctuation automatically and stabilizes the floating body.
The type of anchor floating solar panels depends on several parameters proper to the site configuration and conditions, like soil composition, space available around the reservoir, wind loads or water variations. All these parameters are defined thanks to in-depth studies. The environmental impact is also a primary factor in the evaluation of the solution adopted.
Once assembled with the PV panels, the floating platform is towed to the specified location. The platform is then anchored to stay in a fixed position to avoid hitting the banks while following water level variation.
The anchoring system design is usually composed of:
1. Aluminum spreader bars fixed on the floats to enable the connection of the mooring lines to the island and spread the load through the two connection ears of the floats.
2. Cables to link spreader bars to anchors, sized as per water level variation.
3. Chains at the end of the cables to adjust the length.
4. Anchors to moor the island on the bottom or on the banks to withstand wind loads and to reduce movement of the island on the water surface.
5. Shackles to link each component: anchor and cable, cable and chain, chain and spreader bar.
Our floating PV can be installed using different types of anchoring systems for floating solar.
The design process for anchoring system:
- Confirm the max wind, wave and water flow conditions.
- Analysis of wind and water flow force or model wind tunnel experiment.
- Selection for anchoring system layout.
- Coupling analysis of hydrodynamic force and mooring system in extreme conditions.
- Confirm the max tension of mooring rope, confirm anchoring system.
- Confirm the safe distance of matrix.